Welcome to future sustainability:
BMW introduces the most advanced smart charging program, through an innovative partnership with
California-based utility provider PG&E that leverages the sophisticated communication technology in the
BMW ConnectedDrive system to support utility grid efficiencies through management of vehicle charging times.
BMW is inviting selected BMW i3, i8 and iPerformance* customers in the San Francisco Bay Area to join us as
we further explore the expected benefits to utility efficiency and the environment through optimized vehicle
charging – with up to $900** in incentives available to those who qualify.
*BMW X5 xDrive 40e, BMW 330e, and BMW 740e xDrive iPerformance models.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Fully participate as frequently as possible during the program (minimize opt-outs)
- Follow occasional instructions for requested temporary charging behavior modifications, such as increasing day-time charging and avoiding overnight charging
- Participate in occasional research questionnaires or surveys as part of the BMW ChargeForward Program, conducted by or on behalf of BMW or its partners
- Minimize upfront costs and total cost of EV ownership
- Minimize the grid impact of plug-in electric vehicle charging
- Support integration of renewable energy as part of the BMW commitment to sustainability
- Identify and meet future grid requirements
- Smart vehicle-grid integration to manage the timing of EV charging for greater grid efficiency.
- Electric vehicle battery second life for stationary energy storage.